I hope you all had a beautiful new years :) I can’t think of a better way to start off 2012, than to share this next real wedding with you. And it’s definitely a stunner. The dress. The groom. The decor. The florals. The list just goes on. Sent over the Atmosphere Wedding Planning & Design and captured by Pink Sugar Photography, this contemporary wedding is filled with jaw-dropping decor, and one that you’ll want to look over again and again.
Meet the lovely couple, Nikki + Chris. She adores him for his patience and thoughtfulness, while he loves the fact that she can be both driven & focused, yet a total goof. Not to mention, he says she’s the clumsiest person he’s ever met, but of course, he thinks it’s adorable.
Says Jordan of Atmosphere: Nikki and Chris wanted something that felt laid back and easy, but at the same time glamorous. The most important thing to them was to have a “party” atmosphere for their guests.
Nikki wore a gorgeous Amsale dress paired with a black sash. I love the stacked bracelets which are from Le Chateau and the large hooped earrings. So fashionably chic.
What was your favorite moment from your wedding day?
It’s definitely hard to choose a favorite moment because the whole day was perfectly us, however there is one moment that stands out above the rest. Christopher had secretly planned to have a private fireworks show for just the 2 of us in the field outside the tent later in the evening. He put so much effort into coordinating with our photographer, buying all of my favorite fireworks, dragging a couch into the middle of a field, making sure everything was perfect and of course keeping it a secret, however, he didn’t plan on the rain, which dampened the fireworks. Needless to say they wouldn’t light. So my florist, who was a friend of ours, knew how much work Christopher had put in and she was determined to light them so she went and found a blowtorch in the clubhouse. She did end up lighting them but they all tipped over and started shooting everywhere (into the parking lot, into the trees, and at us)! And of course, Christopher, being as thoughtful as he was, held out the open umbrella in front of me as if it was going to stop the fireworks. I picked up my dress, kicked off my shoes and went running into the clubhouse. I don’t think we stopped laughing about that moment for weeks. I think it’s the less-than-perfect moments that really make a wedding special because those are the things you will talk about (or in our case laugh about) forever.
What was your inspiration behind your overall wedding decor and colour choices?
To be completely honest it took a long time to pick our colors, probably because I changed my mind a thousand times. We knew that we wanted a more modern wedding and we wanted something different. We had almost finalized our décor when we came across the gorgeous champagne rosette linens and then our whole theme changed. At the time I was inspired by colors that were popular in interior design (purple, silver/grey, black and white) and I was in love with succulents and then we added champagne into the mix. Everyone thought we were crazy when we said we had 6 colors for our wedding but we always knew that we would make it work.
Do you have any advice for other brides-to-be?
- Don’t limit your creativity and be unique. I believe a wedding should express who you are and it’s the small personal touches that make it truly special. Remember its your day so do what you want and incorporate the things that mean something to you.
- Research your vendors to ensure that you are getting what you want and what you pay for. Asking for references and samples is always a good idea.
- On your wedding day take time to enjoy it because it flies by. Take a moment to just stop and take it all in. Also, take a moment with your new husband to look around and see all of the people that love you and how all of your hard work has paid off.
- Remember to laugh at the less-than-perfect moments and the things that don’t go as planned.
- And finally, I would say if you have room in your budget hire a wedding planner because they can be a great resource and they can help find budget-friendly ways to create a unique and memorable wedding. And not to mention they take a lot of stress off of you, especially on your wedding day!
Planning and Decor: Atmosphere Wedding Planning & Design
Photography: Pink Sugar Photography
Decor: Special Event Rentals / Elegant Touches Inc.
DJ: Harman B of Urban Metropolis
Flowers: Janine Sebastian and Brittany Nelson of La Piazza Dasee
Reception Venue: Croatian Soccer Club, Edmonton
Ceremony Church: St. Josaphat Ukrainian Catholic Cathedral
Caterer: Elizabethan Catering
Videography: Kari Skelton of Telus TV [video]
Hair: Flaunt Salon (Edmonton)
Makeup: Anita Gill
Groom’s suit/tux: Derks (Tiger of Sweden)
Gown: Amsale Blue Label – Dahlia
Dancers (entertainment): Mario Acosta-Cevallos and Diana Lemeshko
Shoes: Miu Miu
Bridesmaids Dresses: Watters & Watters
Groomsmens Suits: Moore’s Menswear
Custom Hangers: LilaFrances (on Etsy)